Travels through an Irish limestone landscape
The Burren in Co. Clare in the west of Ireland is slow to give up its secrets. For many years Paul has been drawn to its history, mystery and peculiarities. In Burren Country – a travel book in one place – he writes absorbingly about the rocks, hills and walls, the colours, the animals, and subjects the excite him such as the exotic wild flowers, ancient ruins and the smell of whiskey in historic pubs.
The Height of Nonsense
The Ultimate Irish Road Trip
This is the story of a journey through every county in Ireland on a quest for the highest point. Travelling across mountain roads and in remote corners of little-known counties, Paul uncovers a miscellany of Irish life.
A Journey Round the Rim of Ireland
In Irish Shores Paul Clements sets out on a solo anticlockwise hitchhike around the coast of Ireland. By avoiding cities, he gets to know small town Ireland, chronicling stories from characters he meets along the way.
Since 2008 Paul has been a contributing editor to Fodor’s Ireland. His territory covers Northern Ireland, northwest Ireland (Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim) and a large swathe of the Irish midlands stretching from south Ulster to north Tipperary.
For Insight Guide Ireland, Paul covers a large area of the west and has written several essays. Click on the links below to read his articles on the pubs of Ireland – including a top ten selection, and his article on walking in Ireland.
Articles and Reviews
- Read all reviews of my book on Jan Morris published by the
University Press of Wales: Click here.
- Irish Times Book of the Day review of the Jan Morris critical
study: Click here.
- Buy the Jan Morris Festschrift Round the World in 80 Years,
published by Seren Press to celebrate her 80th birthday: Click here.
- Observer Paperback of the Week review of the
Jan Morris Festschrift: Click here.
- My Observer review of Jan Morris's book Trieste and
the Meaning of Nowhere: Click here.
- New Welsh
Review of Jan Morris Festschrift: Click Here.
- Press Gazette article on the James Morris Everest scoop
following the death of Ed Hillary: Click here.
- San Francisco Chronicle book review of Round the World in 80 Years: Click here.
- Buy my book on Jan Morris University of Wales Press book: Click here.
- International Society for Travel Writing link to Gillian Fenwick
book on Jan Morris: Click here.